Wednesday 30 March 2011

101 Project 1 6- Typography

Heres my completed Alphabet. I was going for a font which was simple but effective, I played around with the idea of not having full complete letters, the way the eye fills in the gaps in our mind was a real inspiration for me. I used very simple lines and dots (like morse code) with only a few curves. When put all together the words really play off each other, giving them more of a place in the world.

The alphabet was hand drawn over 5 pages so the PDF is long with all 5 pages stuck together.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/full-alphabet

Here is my quote written in my font. The quote made me think about how I could create the idea of empty space . Using stencil like cutouts of my quote and a light I could create a shadow of the quote which not only accentuates the fonts incompleteness but also plays off the whole space idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment